I am studying Acts 8 and enjoying watching Acts 1:8 happen! Believers are witnesses in Jerusalem-Judea-and-Samaria-then later comes the utter most part of the world. Those of us who embrace Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior know the joy of what it means for the witness of Him to reach us!
What is this witness:
1. God is Holy and righteous and created us for His glory to shine with His righteousness. (Genesis 1)
2. Man has rejected their creator and has become sinful by nature. We are in rebellion against God. We deserve His punishment. (Genesis 3; Rom. 3:10-17;23; Romans 6:23)
3. God has provided Salvation from sin and God's punishment for sin is in Christ alone.
a. Jesus is God (John 1:1)
b. He became a man (John 1:14; Luke 2)
c. He is sinless (2 Cor. 5:21)
d. He died to pay for our sin. (John 3:16; Romans 5:8; Titus 3:5-6)
e. He rose from the dead and returned to the Father. God accepted His righteous life and His sacrificial death as a substitute for those who turn to Him. (Romans 1:4)
4. If we turn away from our sin and turn in faith to trust in Him (His person and work on the cross) God forgives us and covers us with the righteousness of His Son. We become His true children. (John 1:12; Romans 10:9-10;13; Acts 16:31). We recognize that we could never be good enough for God, but Christ is good enough for Him and we become good in Christ. (Eph. 2:8-9)
5. Those who turn to Him embrace a knew master and have a new heart to live for Him. We look forward to eternal life with Him in the new heavens and earth. We are witnesses of Him. (1 John 2:3-6; 2 Cor. 5:17; Acts 1:8; Revelation 21)
Have you responded to the good news of Christ in faith?
Acts 16:31 “...Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” (NASB)