Thursday, September 14, 2006


USA Today Reports that Claudia Mitchell ("The Four Million Dollar Woman") is the first woman to have a truly bionic arm!

This is amazing. Every kid probably thinks of how cool it would be to have bionic parts. Of course they don't think of the cost of losing the real ones! Now the idea of replacing Luke Skywalker's hand slashed off by Darth Vader is a real one. This is going to be wonderful for many amputees in the future. Hopefully they can bring the cost down just a little.

It will be interesting to see what stories come out of this. Will the next Professional Baseball dilemna be that Jim Abbott has returned with a 150 mph bionic fastball with his opposite hand?

This little article also made me think of the real flesh and blood arms that we have been given. We marvel at this bionic wonder, and yet the technology that most of us all walk and wave with everyday will never be duplicated!

Psalm 139:13-14 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.NASB95

No comments: